Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Brass Goggles

Yes, again I'm talking about the Steam Powered Giraffe, but this is just a fun song... yes, I'm crazy... it's August one of the busiest months of my year to give you an idea of just how  crazy things are here's a little bit of what is happening:

Tomorrow and Thursday I'm in training so I can develop the training for a new service to be introduced in early October.

Monday, I'll have new employees training, new faculty orientation, and our meet the teams event with our students (and guess who is coordinating a lot of it)

Tuesday, not as crazy, a group photo of our students and a training class with our students where I just have no idea what I'm going to say.

Wednesday, wow, not too bad, just a meeting to discuss the training I need to develop from the training I'm doing this week

Thursday, I have the first of 5 or 6 new student orientations for the school of nursing and doing phone training with one of our student groups.

Friday, I'm playing keyboards for our group worship time for the end of training week and then the ever popular "Can of Consequence" training. Always a good time!

Saturday, I have another new student orientation, though they haven't told me what time yet...

Sunday will be pretty laid back just church in the morning.

Monday the 27th, more than likely new employees training in the morning then heading to San Diego!!! to do an orientation for School of Ed. And if all goes well, a trip to the zoo to see my favorite Steam Powered Giraffe perform and if I'm not dead tired heading over to SeaWorld to try shooting fireworks one more time. (and yes I have passes to both parks, and if you're counting for Legoland too)
Spending the night in SD

Tuesday, I'll sleep in, then head over to SeaWorld for a couple of hours before doing another new student orientation for School of Nursing. Once I'm done with it, I just might have to head over to the zoo one last time. Not sure how late I'll stay since I have to drive home afterwards. But I have to make sure to get something signed for Mark in one of the visits there. I have an idea of what I want to do, I just don't think I have very good pictures of Sam and Michael. Lots of great pics of the robots.

Wednesday, I have my 3rd orientation for the School of Nursing in Azusa and that this point nothing else.

Thursday morning we have our annual Faculty/Staff kickoff event. It's our yearly pep talk from the President, who does an amazing job. He's such a great man and a good guy! As soon as that event is over I'll jet back to the other campus with the computer techs to help receive laptops that are being refreshed. At about 11, I hope to be heading to the airport to catch a flight to Sacramento because I'm shooting APU's first football game as a NCAA Division II team against UC Davis. I'm crashing at the home of one of my favorite photo buddies and then leaving at the ungodly out of 4 AM to head south with him and his wife.

Hopefully, Friday will be quiet.

Saturday, September 1 is the first soccer games under the lights and I'll be there to shoot at least the girls game. I also have the birthday party of my favorite 2 year old that day. Lots of fun photos there!

Sunday again will be a day of rest.

I was really hoping to head back to San Diego to catch the last perform of the Steam Powered Giraffe at the zoo for the summer. But that is looking less likely since the orientation that was slated for Tuesday probably won't happen. SAD SAD Face...

So, you kind see what I'm really enjoying having some fun music in my life. So if your seated comfortably with your bag of pork rinds and your sandwich... this is a sing along song....

 

No comments: