Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An email that made me smile...

This week has been pretty good. Solved some issues a couple of which were just really weird. But this email today cracked me up.
Last night as I was leaving another APU faithful employee was getting into her car. She seemed to be as tired as I felt. We exchange a brief conversation and got into our cars. I really like this person and felt bad for her and how tired she looked on a Monday.

This afternoon she sent me the following email...

Holly….you made me chuckle so last night….and I have passed on your comment to a few friends today….

I haven’t given your name, just that “my friend said”….

“Today was pretty productive, I feel like I might have made a difference in the world…..last week, I think I was pretty much a burden on society.” I’m still laughing (smiley face didn't copy)

I'm really glad she included what I had said... for the life of me I couldn't remember.  This short term memory lost is really starting to bug me.

I'm glad I made her laugh.  She's another one of those "neat" people that I don't see nearly often enough. She has a great husband that works at the University as well and a brother-in-law well...  her brother-in-law total other story.  We tended to "fight" with each other on band trips until he made some "smart" comment, "You're starting to sound like my ex-wife!"  At that point Mr. Wolfe, the band director, was ducking for cover!  Ah yes... the memories of high school band trips!

But I digress... again...

So thanks to for sharing the email and making me smile.

For you a little Mannheim Steamroller - Joy to the World!

No comments: